Hello everyone, today is the last and final dye tests of 2016. When I look at that number I don’t think it looks like very much, but then for most of those posts you have to multiply by three because most posts equal three dye tests. So really I did thirty-three dye tests. That’s a high number. Think I can beat that in 2017? Anyways this post is four dye tests.
Continue reading “Natural Dye Test no. 11 of 2016”
Hello there! Here is my latest natural dye test! This post only contains one dye test opposed to the usual three, but that is because this test was very specific for a shirt. And I knew the goal was blue. It had to result in blue (oops spoilers!) no if, ands or buts. I used black hollyhocks to achieve it and it worked with a little bit of help.
Continue reading “Black Hollyhock Natural Dye Test”
Hello everyone, today I am back with the last round of three dye tests I did and let me tell you that it was definitely a battle of the yellows and golds. For this round of tests that I conducted I used mainly odds and ends of flowers that I had collected and dyed that I wasn’t sure what colour would become of them.
Continue reading “Natural Dye Samples no.10 of 2016”
Hello! Today is the ninth installment of natural dye tests. I feel like I’ve done more natural dye tests than that but most of these posts have three different test materials so if you do the math that’s roughly 27 tests.
Continue reading “Natural Dye Tests No. 9 of 2016”
Hello everyone, today I am sharing the results for three dye tests. This time round was a bit different because each test used (or attempted at using) a different natural dye technique. Today on the test menu is dried orange geranium petals, dried orange daylilies, and fresh yarrow leaves. The results I got were surprising for some and disappointing for others. Some colours were bright while others were meek and pale but all belonged to the warm colour family.
Continue reading “Natural Dye Sample Tests no.7 of 2016”
Hello everyone, here is the fifth installment of dye tests! Today I am sharing two tests both using dried petals. One test uses hot pink geranium petals and the other uses a mix of tulip petals and dried gentian flowers. This test is different in the sense that I took it on vacation with me so I had to make it travel sized. This wasn’t hard but it was different and it made it kind of fun because these tests can start to seem redundant with the process and this small change was just enough to put more interest in them. And as for the results this time round they were very surprising to me. I thought I would get a brown colour from the test that used a mix of petals and a pink colour from the geranium petals. But that isn’t what happened I wound up getting a yellow colour and a coffee/pink colour (depending on the fibre used).
Continue reading “Natural Dye Sample Tests no.5 of 2016”
Hello everyone, it is time for round four of natural tests for this year. Today we are taking a look at testing out two iris dyes and a poppy dye. I have been collecting the flowers and petals of these in the freezer since the beginning of June. So I thought it was about time to test out some of these plants. The results that I got were quite surprising though delightful.
Continue reading “Natural Dye Sample Test no.4 of 2016”